recently encountered a SwiftMail error while trying to send a mail through gmail.
Expected response code 250 but got code “535”, with message “535-5.7.8 Username and Password not accepted.
I was trying to send mail through my gmail and google thought that I was a spam(maybe because I was requesting too fast) I received a mail from them saying my account was access and I told them it was me. I was able to send mail without problem and it just occured now.
I researched on the internet and some answers includes enabling the “access for lesser app” and “unlocking gmail captcha” which sadly didn’t work for me until I found the 2-step verification.
What I did the following was:
- enable the 2-step verification to google HERE
- Create App Password to be use by your system HERE
- I selected Others (custom name) and clicked generate
- Went to my env file in laravel and edited thisMAIL_USERNAMEfirstname.lastname@example.org
- Restarted my apache server and boom! It works again.
This was my solution. I created this to atleast make other people not go wasting their time researching for a possible answer.
i hope this trick will solve the problem especially if you user php framework with mail library.