- Robust routing
- Focus on high performance
- Super-high test coverage
- HTTP helpers (redirection, caching, etc)
- View system supporting 14+ template engines
- Content negotiation
- Executable for generating applications quickly
- Website and Documentation – [website repo]
- #express on freenode IRC
- Github Organization for Official Middleware & Modules
- Visit the Wiki
- Google Group for discussion
- Gitter for support and discussion
If you discover a security vulnerability in Express, please see Security Policies and Procedures.
The quickest way to get started with express is to utilize the executable
express(1) to generate an application as shown below:
Install the executable. The executable’s major version will match Express’s:
Create the app:
Start the server:
The Express philosophy is to provide small, robust tooling for HTTP servers, making it a great solution for single page applications, web sites, hybrids, or public HTTP APIs.
Express does not force you to use any specific ORM or template engine. With support for over 14 template engines via Consolidate.js, you can quickly craft your perfect framework.
To view the examples, clone the Express repo and install the dependencies:
Then run whichever example you want:
To run the test suite, first install the dependencies, then run